Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Value Shift

G12 Life Group Notes– April 14, 2013 – 6:30 a.m. Pastor Goudeaux Open in Prayer Song - Testimonies Prayer of Three Witnessing Receive Offering The Value Shift Luke 14:17-23 17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. 19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. 20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. 21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. 23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. • Verse 17 - “ Bade many” defined as - to command, to order, to direct • Verse 18- 20 - They made excuses.. • Verse 21 – The master got angry and said “Go out quickly” • You must have a sense of urgency • Leadership is necessary - Now! • Prisons are a money maker and they can be privately owned • Being institutionalized is a mindset • Some families have had four generations of men imprisoned • Leadership is needed to raise men Understand that the enemy fights hard to keep you from seeing the urgency of raising men. You need to see urgency for preservation. Men need to be an anchor to other men. • Verse 21 – “GO Out Quickly (Command, Order, Direct) Now! and Bring” • Verse 22 – There is room - Go! • Verse 23 – Go and compel (urge) them - Urge is to have urgency • Force, Drive, Subdue, Push and Influence them to come in • Every church should be filled every day the doors are opened • You should have a need to bring out more chairs Ask for Prayer Requests Close in Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment