Thursday, September 9, 2010

G12 Life Group Notes– August 29, 2010–6:30 a.m. Pastor Goudeaux (Pg 1 of 2)
Open in Prayer Song Testimonies Prayer of Three
Witnessing Closed Cell

I Samuel 30:1-8
1And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire; 2And had taken the women captives, that were therein: they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way. 3So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives. 4Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. 5And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite. 6And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God. 7And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David. 8And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.

• The enemy fights people that are trying to do right.
• Some time people think because they are saved they will not have problems.
• God’s Word says He will never leave us or forsake us.
• David was out doing good and when he returned everything was gone (wives, children, etc.).
• We need to give God glory even when things do not look good.
• Verse 4 shows sorrow and pain.
• In the midst of the greatest pain in life, David encouraged himself in the Lord his God (verse 6).
• David went to his priest who gave him the ephod. At that time one did not enter the presence of God without the ephod which is a sacred vest.
• Verse 8 David received a word from God. God could not talk to David without David encouraging himself first because he would have been angry.

John 17:15
15I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
• We need to ask ourselves where we are. Someone should be able to see where our hope is by our actions.
• If we are going through a battle, we need to know where we are in our faith walk.

Isaiah 49:13
13Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.

Psalm 34:19
19Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
• God will deliver us from afflictions.

Story of Rahab in Joshua chapter 2, the Bible tells the story of Rahab, a prostitute who live in Jericho who hid the two spies sent by Joshua to gain knowledge of the land. Rahab trusted God and had faith. God delivered Rahab and her family from death.


G12 Life Group Notes– August 29, 2010–6:30 a.m. Pastor Goudeaux (Pg 2 of 2)

• When we are being afflicted, God has mercy on us. You can expect that mercy to come fast.
• When we go through afflictions we come out stronger and are able to help others.
• Many are the afflictions, if you don’t learn lessons from situations, you are bound to repeat them.

Jeremiah 2:24-27
24A wild ass used to the wilderness, that snuffeth up the wind at her pleasure; in her occasion who can turn her away? all they that seek her will not weary themselves; in her month they shall find her. 25Withhold thy foot from being unshod, and thy throat from thirst: but thou saidst, There is no hope: no; for I have loved strangers, and after them will I go. 26As the thief is ashamed when he is found, so is the house of Israel ashamed; they, their kings, their princes, and their priests, and their prophets. 27Saying to a stock, Thou art my father; and to a stone, Thou hast brought me forth: for they have turned their back unto me, and not their face: but in the time of their trouble they will say, Arise, and save us.
• Sometimes people bring trouble upon themselves.
• Many want to blame God for their problems when it is their fault.
• When we sow bad seeds or do wrong, God will forgive us. However, forgiveness of sin does not wipe away the seed that has been sown. We will still reap the harvest that has been sown. Stupidity has a price.
• We must try to sow as much good seed as possible.

Jonah 2:1-10
1Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, 2And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. 3For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. 4Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. 5The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. 6I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God. 7When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. 8They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. 9But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD. 10And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.
• When we are going through something, we need to hear God’s voice.
• Some things are brought upon us through no fault of our own, and some things are caused by us.
• Often we forget that we caused our own problems or affliction.
• We don’t want God to get busy preparing a fish for us. Through Jonah’s ordeal he changed his attitude and worshipped God.
• Our attitude, disposition, and outlook will determine how quickly we are going to get out of a situation.
• Everything can change when we change.
• We must always bless the one who created heaven and earth.

September 14 - Dedication of Destiny Ranch. We need G12 groups to go out and help prepare for the dedication. Contact Cynthia Walker 530-867-7336.

Ask for Prayer Requests Receive Offering Close in Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment