Wednesday, September 22, 2010

G12 Life Group Notes– September 19, 2010–6:30 a.m. Pastor Goudeaux (Pg 1 of 2)
Open in Prayer Song Testimonies Prayer of Three
Witnessing Closed Cell
• Some things don’t happen without prayer and supplication.
• It is often necessary that we do extra.

 We are praying for 5 things during the September 19-28 fast:
1. Salvation for all family members
2. Revival
3. Avalanche of favor
4. Financial breakthrough
5. A deeper relationship with the Holy Spirit

1. Salvation for all family members
• We have family members that need salvation.
• People are waiting for a manifestation of the power of God.

2. Revival
• We must ask God for revival in us and the ministry.
• David asked God to restore him.
• Revival occurs when we keep our focus on God. That is when miracles occur.

Psalm 119:88
88Quicken me after thy lovingkindness; so shall I keep the testimony of thy mouth.
• The first level of revival is being able to keep our testimony. The only way we keep our testimony is that it is refreshed.

Psalm 119:107, 149, 154
107I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto thy word. 149Hear my voice according unto thy lovingkindness: O LORD, quicken me according to thy judgment. 154Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy word.
• Revival is a refocusing on God.

Psalm 119:159
159Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O LORD, according to thy lovingkindness.
• When we are focused on God, we are not focused on ourselves.

II Chronicles 7:14-15
14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
• There is an “if” – turning away from wickedness is turning to righteousness.
• We must humble ourselves.
• Many times God has not been able to show up on our behalf because we have not been focused on Him.
• Key words are “if,” “then,” and “now.”
G12 Life Group Notes– September 19, 2010–6:30 a.m. Pastor Goudeaux (Pg 2 of 2)

 Everything else we are fasting for hangs on revival.
 When we seek God’s face, we are seeking God Himself, not His hands or saying, “God give me this or I want that.”
 If a revival takes off inside of us, what family member will be able to resist that kind of spirit and power?
 People are waiting to see revival in us.
 They want to see proof.

3. Avalanche of favor
• During the fast, we are praying for the supernatural favor of God.

4. Financial breakthrough
• We are calling on:
o Jehovah Baalperazim – The God of Breakthrough
o Jehovah Jireh – God my Provider
o El Shaddai – The God that is More than Enough
o El Elyon – The Most High God

 We are coming against poverty, lack, want, and need.

5. A deeper relationship with the Holy Spirit
• People should see that something profound is operating within us.

SCRIPTURES ON FASTING
Isaiah 58:1-7
1Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins. 2Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God. 3Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours. 4Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high. 5Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD? 6Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? 7Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

• We should be seeking God’s way.
• Fasting is more than not eating. We are seeking God.

Ask for Prayer Requests Receive Offering Close in Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment