Thursday, May 19, 2011

G12 Life Group Notes– May 15, 2011–6:30 a.m. Pastor Goudeaux
Open in Prayer Song Testimonies Prayer of Three
Witnessing Closed Cell


A Commitment to Integrity


Job 31:1-6
1I made a covenant with mine eyes: why then should I think upon a maid? 2 For what portion of God is there from above? and what inheritance of the Almighty from on high? 3 Is not destruction to the wicked? and a strange punishment to the workers of iniquity? 4 Doth not he see my ways, and count all my steps? 5 If I have walked with vanity, or if my foot hath hasted to deceit; 6 Let me be weighed in an even balance that God may know mine integrity.

• (1) I made a covenant (commitments) with mine eyes…..
• Integrity does not change under pressure
• It will uphold you in the toughest of times
• Integrity takes a stand and it has a standard
• It cannot be shifted from excellence


Psalms 15:1-5
1Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? 2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart. 3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbor, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbor. 4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not. 5 He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

• You never have to tell anybody what you are
• What you are will speak louder than what you say or claim to be


Job 27:1-6
1Moreover Job continued his parable, and said, 2 As God liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul; 3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils; 4 My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit. 5 God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me. 6 My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.


Psalms 7:8
8The Lord shall judge the people: judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.

• Integrity takes commitment just like a marriage does
• A person of integrity has self control








G12 Life Group Notes– May 15, 2011–6:30 a.m. Pastor Goudeaux (cont.)


Galatians 5:16-26
16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

• Walking in integrity soars above Walking in the flesh
• Therefore, there will always be a discord between the two Spirits
• A commitment to anything you are doing in your life
• Is also a commitment to integrity

No comments:

Post a Comment