Wednesday, May 25, 2011

G12 Life Group Notes– May 22, 2011–6:30 a.m. Pastor Goudeaux
Open in Prayer Song Testimonies Prayer of Three
Witnessing Closed Cell



Purpose – The King’s Meat


Daniel 1:8,9

8But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portions of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. 9Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.

• Refuse anything that can defile your walk with Christ
• Favor kicks in when you stand in integrity



Proverbs 19:21

21There are many devices in a man’s heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.

• Purpose brings forth the plans of God



Job 27th Chapter

5God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me. 6 My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.

• Being a person of integrity takes self control (self restraint)



Galatians 5:22, 23

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

• You should be praying for the Fruit of the Spirit
• No weapon can override the Fruit of the Spirit
• The Fruit of the Spirit reinforce and undergird integrity



G12 Life Group Notes– May 22, 2011–6:30 a.m. Pastor Goudeaux (cont.)



Self Control
The ability to control one’s emotions, behavior, and desires in order to obtain some reward later, and is the capacity of efficient management to the future.

Discipline
Training expected to produce a specific character or pattern of behavior, especially training that produces moral or mental improvement.


I Corinthians 9:23-27

23And this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you. 24Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

• You must bender self control all the time
• Discipline is mandatory
• Remind your body about discipline
• Self control is a major part of your integrity
• The lack of integrity will result in your downfall as a leader, father, and a provider


I Corinthians 6:12

12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.


• The enemy does everything to cause your demise










Ask for Prayer Requests Receive Offering Close in Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment